BLS – Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals …
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Course Content includes:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 1 day – 5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
***Books are required prior to the beginning of class. Use the link below to order your book online. Some books are available as e-books for easier access. Thank You.
*** Required Books :
90-1038 BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual (includes Pocket Reference Card)
***Buy Your Books Here***
***Cancellation Policy : If we have to cancel a class for any reason we will reschedule a new class immediately. For those who can’t attend the new class date, full refunds will be available and a spot can be held for you in a future class. If you fail to attend your scheduled class without notice there will be NO refunds. Student cancellation has to be within a week before class to receive a full refund and the student will be able to have a seat in the next class. If cancellation is less than a week in advance the student will be charged a cancellation fee of $50 and may still have a seat in the next class at full price.
No Reviews found for this course.